Friday, July 20, 2012

Survival Kit With Mors Kochanski

In the last post I linked to two videos put out by Karamat Wilderness Ways, where Mors Kochanski discussed survival knives. In this video he goes over what he would include in a survival kit for the northern forests.

I definitely like the items he includes. I particularly like that he included clothing, which I think is a very practical part of such a kit.

The question I had however was the same one that always comes to mind when I think about survival kits; under what circumstances would you have your survival kit with you but not your regular gear? Perhaps it is something you could have in your car in case you get stuck while driving through a remote area. Aside from that though, at least for me, odds are that if I have such a large survival kit with me, I also have my regular gear, which would mean I don’t need a survival kit. If on the other hand something went wrong, and I lost my pack, chances are that the survival kit would have been lost as well. Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment